Four casinos belonging to Casinos Austria Group were chosen among the elite of European casinos. The Austrian casinos in Baden and Salzburg as well as the casinos in Lucerne (Switzerland) and Zagreb (Croatia) were some of the top ten casinos in Europe in a ranking published in December in the German magazine Bunte.
With its “imperial and royal flair” Casino Baden bei Wien is mentioned as the most elegant casino. The gates of Fortuna have been open at the casino in the former spa resort south of Vienna since 1934. Today the building is radiant in an Italian neo-Renaissance style. Ideas based on the element of water are found in numerous fountain designs. Shimmering glass creations, valuable woodwork masterpieces and a beautiful sky full of stars provide elegant as well as artistic contrasts.
“A touch of Versailles” in its architecture makes Casino Salzburg at Klessheim Palace the elite of casinos in a world of charm and chance. The Baroque ambience of its elegant rooms in Fischer von Erlach’s architectural design form an appropriate setting for the casino, whose opening in 1993 made the palace accessible again to the public.
Europe’s top casinos are: Casino de Monte Carlo (Monaco): Flair, grand appearance and fast money. Casino Baden-Baden (Germany): Belle-Époque grandeur in the Black Forest. Casino Baden/Vienna (Austria): Austria’s most elegant casino, imperial and royal flair south of Vienna. Grand Casino Luzern (Switzerland): The finest casino of the country. Magnificent location on the lake. Casino Barrière de Deauville (France): White palace on the ocean. Coco Chanel was there.
The venues that complete the list are the following: Casino Salzburg (Austria): In the Baroque Klessheim Palace. A touch of Versailles. VIP National Club Moscow (Russia): Moscow’s most elegant and secure casino. Spielbank Wiesbaden (Germany): Even Fyodor Dostoyevsky and Elvis Presley played here. Casino City Zagreb (Croatia): in the historical “Regent Esplanade” hotel. Small and elegant. Casino Rhodos (Greece): In the “Grand Albergo delle Rose”. Pillared halls, stucco and pomp.