“Sometimes, smaller can also be beautiful.” That ‘off-the-cuff’ pre-show comment by a member of the organizing team went a long way to defining the 2009 edition of the Global Gaming Expo (G2E) held in Las Vegas from 17th -19th November.
Thanks to a dramatically increased number of show visitors from across South America and the presence of commercial teams from Novomatic subsidiary companies based in Argentina, Peru, Chile and Paraguay, G2E 2009 had, for Novomatic and its subsidiary Austrian Gaming Industries GmbH more of a Latin flavour than ever before. The show may have been smaller but the results proved an exceptional success!G2E to London’s IGE in January Novomatic’s R&D team once again rose to the challenge of providing customers with new product innovations by arriving in Las Vegas with no less than 12 new games. Among that new product range, presented in new gripping multi-game mixes for the ever popular Super V+ Gaminator®, Novo Super-Vision™ and Novo-Vision Slant Top™ I cabinets, were:
- the mythical Diana’s Realm™, a joint treasure hunt with the Roman Goddess Diana and her Hound played on 10 lines;
- Hot for Love™, the comical tale of a clumsy playboy on his nightly chase for romance on 20 lines;
- Dollar Dogs™, a special 20-line treat for the friends of our canine companions;
- Waikiki Beach™, an innovative ALLPAY® game (the game features no lines) in Hawaii style;
- Roaring Forties™, a thrilling 40-liner;
- as well as the brand new high volatility version of the international 20-lines hit game Plenty on Twenty™: the new Plenty on Twenty™ hot.
- featuring up to 27 games per multi-game mix
- high/low line games: 5 to 40 lines selectable
- Multi-Denomination: up to 7 player selectable denominations
- multi-language options
Also present on Novomatic’s G2E booth and attracting considerable attention was the Class II gaming solution pioneered by UK subsidiary company Astra Games Limited. Astra’s 777 Bingo King™ provides a highly attractive solution to the huge demand for Class II (Bingobased games) in those jurisdictions where this is the primary gaming offering. The 777 Bingo King™ machines on display in Las Vegas caused a considerable stir among operators from Class II markets across America and add a new dimension to this particular genre of gaming.
At the close of what was agreed to have been an unexpectedly successful edition of G2E Jens Halle, Managing Director of Austrian Gaming Industries GmbH, commented: “It has been very pleasing to note that G2E, perhaps against initial predictions, has been a highly satisfactory show. We have been very pleased to see such a large number of visitors from all over the world, especially such a strongly increased number of clients from across South America, something that has entirely validated our decision to ask our colleagues based all over the South American continent to come and meet their customers here in Las Vegas. We cannot escape the reality that, as we have said publicly many times before, G2E’s place on the annual show calendar is uncomfortably close to our premiere event, IGE in London during January. I have to pay thanks to our R&D team who have worked extremely hard to have no less than 12 new games available for debut here in Las Vegas whilst at the same time working flat out to produce the significant range of new product innovations that we will show for the first time in London. Overall, G2E has been an excellent event for Novomatic and I would wish to thank the many partners, guests and visitors who took the time to visit us.”